From cancelling Christmas at Sandringham Castle, to virtual video calls with the Queen, the royal family have not escaped the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Here we take a look at which royals have tested positive or have been affected by Covid-19.
According to reports the 38-year-old contracted the disease in April, shortly after Prince Charles.
William’s diagnosis was not revealed until November, supposedly over fears it would alarm the British public that both the heir apparent and the second-in-line were unwell.
Kensington Palace has not publicly confirmed the report.
The Duke isolated in Anmer Hall, part of the Sandringham estate in Norfolk.
His wife Kate Middleton, and their three children George, Louis and Charlotte, didn’t test positive.
Prince William has since been seen on numerous face-to-face royal engagements, some with the Duchess of Cambridge.
The Duke of Wales contracted coronavirus in March, but only had mild symptoms.
He isolated for a week in Scotland. His wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, tested negative for coronavirus.
After recovering from the disease, Prince Charles said he’d “got away with it quite lightly”.
The Prince put out a heartfelt video message from his Balmoral estate.
He said: “My wife and I are thinking particularly of all those who have lost their loved ones in such very difficult and abnormal circumstances and of those having to endure sickness and isolation and loneliness”.
Sophie, Countess of Wessex
At the beginning of October, the Countess of Wessex had to isolate after the palace confirmed she was in contact with someone who had tested positive for coronavirus.
An official statement read: “She is not experiencing any symptoms, but is following all relevant government guidelines and is self-isolating at home.”
The only other people she’d been in contact with were her husband Prince Edward, and her children, Lady Louise and James, Viscount Severn, but had not recently seen any other members of the royal family.
Does Prince Philip have the virus?
Prince Philip, 99, remains in good spirits after being taken to King Edward VII Hospital in central London as a precaution on Tuesday.
The Duke of Edinburgh is likely to remain in hospital for observation and rest into next week, a Buckingham Palace source said.
It follows consultation with his doctor, who is acting with “an abundance of caution”, the source said.
The exact reason for his admission has not been disclosed.
However, his stay is not related to coronavirus.
Has the Queen has the Covid vaccine?
The Queen and Prince Philip were both given the covid-19 vaccine at Windsor Castle earlier this month.
While it is tradition for matters surrounding the royal family’s health remain private, the decision to make news of the royal vaccinations public will no doubt play a big part in encouraging other members of the public to trust in the covid-19 vaccine.
Sky News royal correspondent, Rhiannon Mills, said, “The public service message that it sends out will no doubt delight those in Number 10 and the health service who want to promote that having the vaccine is safe.
“The royals in the past have set a powerful example when it comes to medical breakthroughs.
“Queen Victoria used chloroform as an anaesthetic during childbirth, and Queen Elizabeth II broke protocol when she made it public that Prince Charles and Princess Anne had been given the polio vaccine in 1957.”