IF you’ve been keeping an eye on the news this year you’ll know which TV shows the nation loves, what music has kept us sane, the books we’ve all been reading and what the Royals have been up to during one of the toughest years ever.
Bobby Seagull, co-presenter of the BBC Two series Monkman & Seagull’s Genius Guides has created an exclusive quiz for Sun readers to see how much you can remember about 2020.
1. Which TV quiz show host’s book “The Thursday Murder Club” beat Barack Obama’s memoir into second place for the last full week before Christmas?
2. Which Australian actress, who played the role of Fat Amy in the Pitch Perfect film series, transformed her appearance through her self-professed “Year of Health” journey?
3. What was the three word name of the daily exercise workouts from Joe Wicks to help the nation’s children keep fit during lockdown?
4. Which 16 year old American girl has become the first TikTok user to cross the 100 million subscriber mark?
5. North, Saint, Chicago and Psalm are four children of which American celebrity couple?
6. Naturalist Sir David Attenborough briefly joined with social media platform?
7. Known for his role Jim Hopper in Stranger Things, which American actor did singer Lily Allen secretly get married to?
8. Who became a national treasure and secured an MBE after his lockdown Virtual Pub Quizzes went viral?
9. Behind The Sequins is the book released by which Strictly Come Dancing head judge?
10. What part of his body did Simon Cowell have surgery on after an accident?
1. Which former Blue Peter presenter stepped down from presenting The One Show after nine years?
2. Which host of ITV quiz show The Chase announced he’ll be leaving as the Doctor’s companion after the Doctor Who Special on New Year’s Day?
3. In EastEnders, Ian Beale buys the Queen Vic pub for which character?
4. What is the name of Carole Baskin’s second husband in Netflix’s Tiger King, who many believe she fed to tiger?
5. After attempts to takes revenge against his estranged wife Yasmeen backfired badly, how did Geoff Metcalfe die in Coronation Street?
6. In ITV’s drama Quiz based on the infamous coughing incident in Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, who starred as host Chris Tarrant?
7. Chris Chittell acting as Eric Pollard is currently the longest serving cast member in which TV soap?
8. In BBC One’s “I May Destroy You” by Michaela Coel, what is the first name of the Twitter-star-turned-novelist lead character played by Coel?
9 .The late Dame Barbara Windsor changed her name to Windsor when she appeared in first film in 1954. What was her surname before?
10. The BBC series Normal People is adapted from a book by which Irish author?
1. Pixar and Disney combined to make which animated film, starring Jamie Foxx as the middle school music teacher dreaming of performing jazz music onstage?
2. Parasite, the winner of four Oscars including Best Picture and Best Director, is from which country?
3. The Personal History of David Copperfield starred Dev Patel in the title role, but which Scot directed the film?
4. Played by Maria Bakalova, Tutar Sagdiyev is a leading character in which comedy sequel film?
5. Following the 4th instalment with the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in 2008, which film franchise announced the 5th and final outing for this adventurer?
6. What is the name of Christopher Nolan’s film which stars John David Washington as The Protagonist given the task of saving humanity from a radioactive Armageddon?
7. Gal Gadot stars as the lead in the Wonder Woman sequel set in which year?
8. Face The Music is the third and final film for which two metalhead slacker friends who travel through time?
9. How many Marvel filmed were released in 2020?
10. Which Canadian comedian took on the role of the antagonist Robotnik in Sonic The Hedgehog?
1. Prince William ordered Samrat samosas to Kensington Palace for an episode of a BBC podcast hosted by which former England footballer?
2. What anniversary will the Queen be celebrating in June 2022?
3. Which royal married in an unusually small wedding in July in front of just 20 guests to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi?
4. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, delivered a message during the final of which reality TV competition?
5. Who plays the Queen in the first two seasons of “The Crown”?
6. Former X Files actress Gillian Andersen starred as which politician in the season 4 of “The Crown”?
7. Prince George and Princess Charlotte attend Thomas’s school in which town within the London borough of Wandsworth?
8. Harry and Meghan have signed a deal with which streaming service to produce and host podcasts?
9. Voiced by actress Debra Stephenson, which channel delivered a deep fake Queen’s Christmas message?
10. By what method of transport did the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge travel as part of a tour to thank key workers for their efforts during the pandemic?
1. Captain Tom Moore featured in a cover version of which song with Michael Ball that made him the oldest person to ever achieve a UK number one?
2. At 18, which American singer has become the youngest artist to perform a James Bond theme with “No Time To Die”?
3. Which songwriter, who became the first from his field to win a Nobel Prize in Literature in 2006, sold his entire song catalogue to Universal Music Group?
4. With her album Disco, which pop star had a number one album in the UK over five different decades?
5. Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift were confirmed as headline acts for which cancelled 2020 musical festival?
6. Take That held a virtual concert with four of the original band members. But which singer was absent?
7. Which singer issued an apology after breaking lockdown rules for a 30th birthday party?
8. Which member of Little Mix officially left the group in December?
9. Which former One Direction singer made history as Vogue magazine’s first ever solo male cover star?
10. Likened to a modern-day Mozart and with his band best known for their 1984 song Jump, which American guitarist passed away at the age of 65?
1. Which German’s record did Lewis Hamilton equal when he won a joint-record seventh World Drivers’ Championship title in Formula 1?
2. Nicknamed “Snakebite”, Peter Wright became the World Champion in which sport’s world championship?
3. Five-time NBA champion Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash in January. Which team did he play his entire 20 year career for?
4. “Squad Goals” is the follow up documentary to “Britain’s Youngest Football” boss which shows Jack Sullivan as managing director of which women’s football club?
5. Which Japanese tennis player won her third Grand Slam in his career, becoming the first player in 26 years to win a US open women’s singles title after losing the first set?
6. Athletes known as b-boys and b-girls will be taking part in the first Olympic version of which sport in Paris 2024?
7. What is the name of the British teenage sprinter who is the under-18s world record holder who started studying for degree in English at Cambridge University?
8. Which Arsenal footballer offered to cover the salary of club mascot Gunnersaurus when the mascot was laid off?
9. Who scored the winning points for England as they defeated France in extra time in the first ever Autumn Nations Cup at Twickenham?
10. Dubbed “The Scientist”, which American golfer’s victory at the US Open was built on him bulking up to 17 stones?
1. Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud won the first series of Britain’s The Masked Singer disguised in which animal costume?
2. Sashay away!” is a catchphrase on which show
3. Radio DJ Jordan North, runner-up in “I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here” famously said his “happy place” is Turf Moor, the ground of which Premier League football club?
4. Sima Taparia is a marriage consultant from Mumbai for which series where she tries to find suitable matches for wealthy clients in the US and India?
5. What unique feat did dancer Oti Mabuse achieve when winning Strictly Come Dancing with her celebrity Bill Bailey?
6. Finn Tapp and Paige Turley were the winners of the inaugural winter version of Love Island hosted in which country
7. With Peter Sawkins as the youngest ever winner of The Great British Bake Off, who became the new co-host replacing Sandi Toksvig?
8. ITV’s This Morning presenter Alison Hammond rose to fame on which reality series?
9. 18 year old Blessing Chitapa released the debut single Angels after which winning music reality show?
10. Jon Courtenay won Britain’s Got Talen with a comedy performance on which musical instrument?
1. Belo Horizonte, Manaus and Porto Alegre are cities in which south American country?
2. What is the name of the final novel in the Harry Potter series?
3. What are the only mammals that can fly?
4. Faye Tozer, Claire Richards, Lisa Scott-Lee, Lee Latchford-Evans and Ian “H” Watkins are members of which British pop band formed in 1997?
5. In computing and technology, what does HDMI stand for?
6. Guacamole uses which fruit as its base?
7. Who was the first British woman in space?
8. What is the hottest planet in the solar system?
9. What do the initials GS stand for in netball?
10. For what did Sir Winston Churchill win a Nobel prize in 1953?
Bobby Seagull, school maths teacher, author of The Life-Changing Magic of Numbers and co-presenter of the BBC Two series Monkman & Seagull’s Genius Guides.
1. Richard Osman
2. Rebel Wilson
3. PE With Joe
4. Charli D’Amelio
5. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West
7. David Harbour
8. Jay Flynn
9. Shirley Ballas
1. Matt Baker
2. Bradley Walsh
4. Don Lewis
5. Fell off the roof
6. Michael Sheen
10. Sally Rooney
2. South Korea
3. Armando Iannucci
5. Indiana Jones
8. Bill & Ted
10. Jim Carrey
1. Peter Crouch
2. Platinum Jubilee for 70 years
3. Princess Beatrice
4. Strictly Come Dancing
5. Claire Foy
6. Margaret Thatcher
9. Channel 4
1. You’ll Never Walk Alone
2. Billie Eilish
3. Bob Dylan
4. Kylie Minogue
6. Jason Orange
7. Rita Ora
8. Jesy Nelson
9. Harry Styles
10. Eddie Van Halen
1. Michael Schumacher
3. Los Angeles Lakes
4. West Ham
5. Naomi Osaka
6. Breaking or breakdancing
7. Amy Hunt
8. Mesut Ozil
9. Owen Farrell
10. Bryson DeChambeau
1. Queen Bee
2. RuPaul’s Drag Race
4. Indian Matchmaking
5. First UK professional to win two consecutive series
6. South Africa
7. Matt Lucas
8. Big Brother
9. The Voice UK
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
5. High-definition multimedia interface
7. Helen Sharman
9. Goal Shooter
— to www.thesun.co.uk