Buckingham Palace confirmed Eugenie had given birth to a boy, weighing 8lbs 1oz, at London’s Portland Hospital on Tuesday. They said Jack Brooksbank, Eugenie’s husband, had been by her side for the birth.
To celebrate the occasion, Eugenie shared a black and white photograph of her baby’s hands being held by an adult on her Instagram.
Ingrid Seward, Majesty magazine editor-in-chief, suggested they may have opted against a family photo so as to avoid embarrassing Prince Andrew, now a grandfather.
Andrew stepped down from frontline royal duties following controversy over his relationship with convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Ms Seward told the Daily Telegraph: “Maybe it’s just easier that they do it this way.
“She doesn’t want to embarrass her father.”
However, the royal expert went on to note it’s not usual for the grandparents of royal babies to be included in publicly released photographs at this stage.
She said: “But, traditionally, there are rarely photographs of royal newborns with the grandparents.
“That comes when the official christening photographs are taken.
“Family never really get involved at this stage.
“Although there was a photograph of Archie with Meghan’s mother Doria, the Queen and Prince Philip, that was quite a rare thing.”
FOLLOW BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES ON THE ROYAL FAMILY:
11:45am update: Prince Charles and Camilla travelling to and from London for work during lockdown
Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall have been travelling to and from London for essential work during lockdown, Clarence House has confirmed.
Prince Charles, 72, and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, 73, have been based in Gloucestershire at Highgrove House since before Christmas.
However, Clarence House has now confirmed the royal couple have been travelling back and forth to their administrative base at Clarence house in London for vital work during the national lockdown.
According to Clarence House, the royals have only left Gloucestershire for work “where absolutely necessary.”
A Clarence House spokeswoman told Express.co.uk on Friday: “Their Royal Highnesses are based at Highgrove in Gloucestershire but travel to London for work where absolutely necessary and in accordance with government guidelines.”
On Thursday Camilla was at Clarence House to carry out an important video call with domestic abuse charity Safe Lifes.
The details and tribulations of Prince Charles’ love life have been well documented throughout the years.
Invariably the focus has always been on the prominent roles two particular women played in his romantic liaisons – Camilla Parker Bowles and Princess Diana.
Yet, the first love affair that Prince Charles was involved in centred around an entirely different woman, whose identity has remained relatively obscure to this day. The woman in question was the daughter of the Chilean ambassador to the court of St James.
Lucia Santa Cruz was at the time employed as a research assistant by the Master of Trinity College, Lord ‘Rab’ Butler.
She was a highly gifted linguist who spoke four languages and already had degrees from Kings College, London, and St. Antony’s College, Oxford.
Charles and Lucia met at a dinner party organised by Lord Butler in 1969 and by all accounts it was love at first sight.
Lady Elizabeth Anson, a cousin of Charles as well as a friend of Luicia’s, observed: “She was the first real love of his life”.
And the secret to her longevity and energy may lie in a bedtime tradition which the monarch religiously follows.
According to her cousin, Margaret Rhodes, Elizabeth II always drinks one glass of champagne each night before bed.
While there is no word on what brand she drinks, it’s almost certainly one of the eight, including Bollinger, Krug, Lanson, and Pol Roger, that have been granted royal warrants.
The Duke of Cambridge said that, despite becoming immediately interested with one other, the pair spent time apart at the start of their relationship. But the couple eventually overcame the difficulties and managed to strengthen their connection.
“We just spent more time with each other had a good giggle, had lots of fun and realised we shared the same interests and just had a really good time.”
During their official engagement engagement interview in 2010, Kate admitted she was “not happy” about spending time away from William but the experience “made me a stronger person”.
7.45am update: Royal expert says public “probably entitled” to see full photo of new royal baby.
Phil Dampier, a leading royal author, has said the public are “probably entitled” to see a full size image of Eugenie’s new born son.
A black and white photo of the baby’s arms, being held by an adult, was posted on Eugenie’s official Instagram account.
However Mr Dampier commented: “Eugenie did have quite a lavish wedding, therefor the public are probably entitled to see proper pictures of her baby rather than an Instagram image of his fingers.
“It’s a difficult balance to strike when you have a royal couple seeking publicity on one hand, but privacy on the other.”
— to www.express.co.uk