Prince William is ‘focal point’ in coronavirus response says expert
William and Kate praised the 71-year-old after he addressed the nation on Wednesday. This was the first time that Charles had been seen since his battle with coronavirus.
During his speech, Charles thanked the NHS workers and volunteers and neighbours who are providing care for the vulnerable in their time of need.
The footage was taken from the Prince of Wales’ home office at his Scottish residence, Birkhall, where he is currently self-isolating.
The video was shared on the Clarence House Instagram account.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge also re-posted the footage on their own social media page, Kensington Royal.
Kate and William issued a heartwarming message of support to Charles
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge also re-posted the footage on their own social media page, Kensington Royal
They shared the clip alongside the message: “A message from The Prince of Wales,” and a star emoji reading “tap to watch”.
In Charles’ speech, he opened up about his experience with the illness.
Although he suffered from mild symptoms, he described how he personally was affected by COVID-19.
He said it was a “strange, frustrating, and often frustrating experience.”
During his speech, Charles thanked the NHS workers and volunteers and neighbours who are providing care for the vulnerable in their time of need
His speech also highlighted the work of Age UK, in which he is the Patron of the charity, as well as Silver Line, of which Camilla is a patron.
The speech ended with details on how to stay healthy from the NHS, as well as numbers for both Age UK and Silver Line.
Prince William and Kate have also doing their bit, continuosly showing their support for frontline workers in the NHS.
The royal couple recently lent their support to a Public Health England initiative to boost the nation’s mental health during the coronavirus pandemic.
Mass coronavirus testing CRITICAL in reducing death toll [INSIGHT]
Trump Coronavirus: A timeline of the president’s virus response [REVEALED]
UK on brink of rebellion if lockdown goes on for too long [UPDATES]
The footage was taken from the Prince of Wales’ home office
In Charles’ speech, he opened up about his experience with the illness
The new guideline gives helpful tips on how to look after your own wellbeing, alongside advice for parents and carers on children’s mental health during the shutdown.
The duke and duchess also went to visit staff at an NHS 111 call centre in Croydon in March to highlight its vital work at managing the coronavirus outbreak.
All the royals also took part in the nation’s clap for the NHS last Thursday.
The Queen shared footage of her staff clapping at Windsor Castle, while Charles and Camilla posted videos of them clapping in separate rooms from Birkhall, as the Prince of Wales was still self-isolating at the time.
Royal family tree
Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis also took part, and were filmed clapping from their garden at Anmer Hall, much to the delight of royal fans.
Meanwhile, Queen Elizabeth II has signalled it is very much business as usual at Windsor Castle.
This week the monarch appointed her cousin, Lady Elizabeth Shakerley, as Commander of the Royal Victorian Order according to the Court Circular.
The Court Circular is the register recording every official duty carried out by members of the Royal Family.
The Royal family have all been showing their support for the NHS during the global crisis
The entry related to the Queen dated March 31 read: “The Lady Elizabeth Shakerley has been appointed a Commander of the Royal Victorian Order by The Queen today and has received the Insignia.”
The Court Circular doesn’t mention whether this appointment took place face-to-face, over the phone or via video chat.
Other entries detail how the engagement was carried out by the self-isolating royals.
The Court Circular states that, for example, Princess Anne “participated in a meeting with the Lord Levy and Mr Richard Kramer via a conference call” on March 31.
— to www.express.co.uk