Airline and tour operator Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks has announced a new programme of scheduled services and once-in-a-lifetime trips to Iceland.
The programme is for Winter 21/22 with a choice of scheduled services from Manchester and Birmingham Airports, as well as 37 three or four-night trips operating from other UK bases.
Flights from Manchester and Birmingham are timed for passengers wanting to experience the spectacular Northern Lights, with twice-weekly services operating from September 30 to November 22, 2021, and February 10 to April 25, 2022.
As well as giving people more chances to see this incredible event and experience the best of Iceland, it offers great choice and flexibility with stays of three-nights or more available over the February half-term, October half-term and Easter.
The programme also includes 37 dedicated three or four-night trips from Belfast International, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle and London Stansted Airports between September and November 2021, and a further 22 trips between February and April 2022.
Customers can pick from flight-only or package holiday options, with package options.
All flights to Keflavík International Airport near Reykjavik will be operated by Jet2.com, and the full programme is as follows:
- Scheduled services operating twice-weekly from Manchester and Birmingham Airports between September and November, and from February to April.
- 37 trips to Iceland and the Northern Lights, including 15 trips in September through to November and 22 trips from February to April.
- Belfast International – two trips in total, including one in September and one in April.
- Birmingham – scheduled services operating every Monday and Thursday from 30 September – 22 November 2021, and 10 February – 25 April 2022.
- Edinburgh – two trips available, including one in October and one in April.
- East Midlands – five dedicated trips in total, including one in October, one in November and three in March.
- Glasgow – five trips in total, including two in October, two in February and one in March.
- Leeds Bradford – eight trips in total, including one in October, two in November, two in February, one in March and two in April.
- Manchester – scheduled services operating every Monday and Thursday from 30 October – 22 November 2021, and 10 February – 25 April 2022.
- Newcastle – ten trips in total, including two in October, two in November, three in February, one in March and two in April.
- London Stansted – five dedicated trips in total, including one in October, one in November and three in March.
Steve Heapy, chief executive of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We are delighted to be announcing a new programme of scheduled services and once-in-a-lifetime trips to Iceland for Winter 21/22.
“With scheduled flights operating from Manchester and Birmingham, in addition to 37 once-in-a-lifetime trips from seven of our other UK bases, customers have great choice and flexibility when it comes to visiting this bucket list destination.
“Iceland is a destination that is rapidly growing in popularity thanks to its huge variety of choice for travellers.
“Whether it is geothermal spas, geysers, natural parks, the incredible Aurora Borealis or the world’s northernmost capital Reykjavik, this small North Atlantic island is truly unique.”
-- to www.walesonline.co.uk